The QHYCCD PoleMaster is an astrophotography tool to help you achieve perfect alignment in under five minutes! Learn how to set it up with the help of OPT experts to get precise polar alignment on your first try.
How to use the QHYCCD PoleMaster with a Sky-Watcher EQ6R PRO mount!
- Fit the adapter into the polar scope opening.
- Use your hex key to tighten the screws and lock it in place.
- Screw the other side of the adapter onto the PoleMaster camera.
- Place the PoleMaster onto your mount and tighten the set screw.
- Connect your computer using the included USB cable.
- Download the driver and software to your computer. TIP: Do this where you have internet connection before you go out to image.
Now that you have downloaded the software, follow these steps below to successfully achieve polar alignment with the PoleMaster software.
How to use the QHYCCD PoleMaster Software
- Click the device tab at the top and click connect, this connects your computer to the PoleMaster.
- After you have roughly aligned, you should see Polaris on your screen.
- Click which hemisphere you are in on the upper left-hand corner.
- You can adjust PoleMaster settings from the screen but don’t make it too bright because the stars will be too bloated.
- Try and get your pointer as close to the center of Polaris as you can and double click.
- Circles will pop up and a slider will pop up on the left-hand menu. You can move the circles with the slider, the left and right buttons next to the slider, or use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Align these circles with the respective stars, once that is done click on the “success” button on the top middle screen pop up.
- Choose a star that is not Polaris and get as close to the center as you can with the pointer, then double click.
- Follow the instructions on which way you should rotate your mount.
- Double click on the same star again and rotate your mount again. You can rotate your mount by hand or use software electronically.
- A green circle should appear on the screen.
- Move your mount back to home position and make sure the star you selected follows the green circle.
- Click Polaris again and the circles will pop up again.
- Do the same thing you did at the start, making sure they are inside the circles, and click success.
- Adjust altitude and azimuth knobs to get Polaris centered as close possible to the center of the circle with a plus sign.
- Double click Polaris one more time and make sure the stars are centered in the circles.
- After that is cleared, click “start monitor” on the left-hand menu.
- A green square and red circle will pop up under that menu button.
- Move the green square to center on the red circle.
- Once that is centered, click done on the center pop up.
- & that’s it! You’re polar aligned using the QHYCCD PoleMaster and ready to image what you want in the night sky.
Why is the QHYCCD PoleMaster an Essential Astrophotography Tool?
One Star Calibration – Tracking Accuracy
Once you have calibrated with a PoleMaster, you only need to perform a single-star sync (one-star calibration).
Polar Axis Adjustment
With the PoleMaster you can observe the alignment of the polar axis and monitor the polar axis at any time. When the equatorial mount moves inadvertently, you can also tune it back without having to redo everything.
An adapter ring can mount the PoleMaster to any equatorial mount. The QHYCCD PoleMaster makes a great replacement for an optical polar alignment scope for any equatorial mount without a polar axis scope.
Popular Astrophotography Tool
The PoleMaster is an easy, convenient and fast way to achieve excellent polar alignment. It has been recognized by astronomy enthusiasts around the world and has become a must-have for anyone using an equatorial mount for visual use or for imaging.
Click here to learn more about the Sky-Watcher EQ6R PRO mount.
Let us know what you think about the QHYCCD Polemaster below. Clear Skies!